Paul, I will play with this tonight and get back to you offline by tomorrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Clarke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 1:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Strange behavior with a Temp. Dynamic queue

Peter,

I've just tried it again on my system and all works as expected. I think
perhaps we should take this offline. The key question, from my point of
view, is whether MO71 is at fault here or the product or is this some form
of limitation.

Firstly, if you issue the same set of commands from RUNMQSC do you see
different behaviour ?

Secondly, when you issue a STOP CHANNEL a lot depends on what type of stop
you issue as to what happens. For example, if you issue a QUIESCE stop then
you are reliant on the application using the FAIL_IF_QUIESCING option on
the MQI calls to notice that the channel has been quiesced. (Clearly you
are also reliant on the application taking any notice of the return codes).
Try my MA01 support pac as a test since this uses FAIL_IF_QUIESCING as all
good MQ apps should.

Thirdly, if you issue a STOP CHANNEL MODE(FORCE) do you get the required
behaviour. ie the application ends.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development

                      "Potkay, Peter M
                      (PLC, IT)"                 To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:
                      RTFORD.COM>                Subject:  Re: Strange
behavior with a Temp. Dynamic queue
                      Sent by: MQSeries
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      AC.AT>

Paul, I don't think it is working.

The queue manager is 5.3 CSD04.

I start up a client app (WatchQ) on my desktop, connecting to queue manager
ABC. It uses the SVRCONN channel ABC.SVRCONN channel.

I then use MO71 to display Channel Status for ABC. Since other apps are
also
using this channel, I see about 10 entries, including one for my IP
address,
for this SVRCONN channel. Anytime I click refresh, I see the bytes sent
field updated for my instance, as well as al others

So now I want to stop this particular instance. I select the entry that has
my IP address and double click it.

I change the required status to Inactive, select my IP address for the
conection name, and select ABC as the QM name, then I click Stop. The
message I get is "Stop of channel 'ABC.SVRCONN' accepted."

But my client app is not effected. And if I click refresh on the master
channel status list, the bytes sent field keeps growing for that instance
(and all instances).

It does not look like it had any effect.

If I try it again, the message comes "'ABC.SVRCONN':Channel not active."
But
that channel is just fine, as all instances seem to be running A-OK. (The
apps are up and the bytes sent fileds grow)

If I click start, I get "'ABC.SVRCONN':Channel in use."