Von: Pavel Tolkachev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. September 2003 17:41
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: self signed certificate / AMQ9633

Hello Christian,

You can use gsk6cmd to create self-signed CA and sign certificates for CSM
key database. It is very slow though. You have to have both CA (if you
choose to use different for each QM) in each QM's key database.

Hope this will help,
Pavel

                      "Bock, Christian"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      R-BANK.COM>                    cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries List         Subject:  self signed
certificate / AMQ9633
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      09/17/2003 09:57 AM

Hello all,

I'm trying to manage a SSL connection between two queue manager on an
Solaris box.

For this purpose I created a self signed certificate. But I got the
following error:

---
09/17/03  15:12:49
AMQ9633: Bad SSL certificate for channel 'QM1.TO.QM2'.

EXPLANATION:
A certificate encountered during SSL handshaking is regarded as bad for one
of
the following reasons:
(a) it was formatted incorrectly and could not be validated, or
(b) it was formatted correctly but failed validation against the
Certification
  Authority (CA) root and other certificates held on the local system, or
(c) it was found in a Certification Revocation List (CRL) on an LDAP server.

The channel is 'QM1.TO.QM2'; in some cases its name cannot be
determined and so is shown as '????'. The channel did not start.
ACTION:
Check which of the three possible causes applies on your system. Correct the
error, and restart the channel.
----- amqccisx.c : 1014

That's probably because I have no CA. Where do I get the CA for my
certificate?
I thought self signed certificate means, that I don't need a CA cause I
signed the certificate by myself??

Any suggestions?

Regards

Christian