From: Usha Suryadevara [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 11:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Question on MQ logging

Hello all,

        I am using MQ for the first time and am trying to come up with some standard values for configuring the QM. Part of this design involves:

* all messages in the queue being marked persistent
* size of each message will be around 3MB
* Also this is a design where each QM may have around 1000 or so users (each user has a queue for herself/himself) but at a given time only 150 users (queues) would be trying to use the Queue manager. (hhmmm that makes me think, is it ok to have that many users connect to the same QM at the same time or introducing  a diff QM would be better option?)

At this point i was wondering if anyone knows what the optimum values (a range or approximate values are good enough) of

*log file size

*primary files

* secondary files

 would be, if i am using Circular logging.

Any information addressing the above questions would help me and my company a lot.

Thanks in advance,
Usha

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.