Ruzi

Is the CHIIN up... It looks like it's being started but NOT staying up.

Check the SYSLOG.

If your CHIN STC output is saved, check that.

Check the command queue

Richard Jackson
SIAC -
CICS/MQ Systems
212-383-9043

                      Ruzi R
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      M>                       cc:       (bcc: Richard Jackson/SIAC)
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Listener not starting after
upgrading to 5.3 on OS/390
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      n.ac.at>

                      09/30/2003 12:33
                      PM

Hi all,

We have just upgraded from MQ 5.2 to 5.3 on OS/390.
And when we started the queue manager we found that
the listener did not get started as you can see from
the error messages of the  MSTR job below. We haven t
applied any PTFs yet. What would be the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Ruzi

         START CHINIT PARM(MQ1PXPRM)
CSQN103I +MQ1P COMMAND PROCESSOR RETURN CODE=00000000,
REASON CODE=00000004
CSQM138I +MQ1P CSQMSCHI CHANNEL INITIATOR STARTING
         START LISTENER TRPTYPE(TCP) PORT(1415)
CSQN103I +MQ1P COMMAND PROCESSOR RETURN CODE=0000000C,
REASON CODE=00000008
CSQM131I +MQ1P CSQMSLIS CHANNEL INITIATOR NOT ACTIVE,
CLUSTER AND
CHANNEL COMMANDS INHIBITED
CSQ9023E +MQ1P CSQMSLIS ' START LISTENER' ABNORMAL
COMPLETION
         *