David,

When we send a request up to the mainframe with a CIH, the reply comes back
with one.  We need to keep the CIH because we use different CKPB tranids
for different applications.

>From the sound of the other replies it looks like we might just have to
roll our own.  Grrrrr.
John

John M Hammond
Data Center: Middleware
Household International
100 Mittel Drive
Wood Dale, IL 60191
Phone: (630) 521-4339; Pager: (866) 237-0985

                         "David C. Partridge"
                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]  To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         EUR.COM>               cc:
                         Sent by: MQSeries      Subject: Re: MQCIH Data conversion
                         List
                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         .AT>

                         10/07/2003 09:02 AM

As far as I know the MQCIH is only used by the CICS bridge code on 390, and
the only reason that its a supported format on the other platforms is so
that they can SEND messages to a 390 system running the CICS bridge.

So, why do you want or need to convert an MQCIH to local encoding and
character set representation on the distributed platform?   Is this a
broker
related thing?

Cheers,
Dave