Hi,

I have the following COBOL copy book imported into WMQI 2.1 CSD 5.

01 MYCOMPOUND_ELEMENT.

05 MYREPEAT_ELEMENT OCCURS 3 TIMES.

10 TEST-ELEM PIC X(2).

CWF properties , Min Occurs and Max Occurs is set to 3. I modified min occurs to 1.

If I send a AB12XY , it works fine. But if I send only the first set , i.e. AB , I get an error that says , message too short. It always seems to expect the max. Is it expected to send always a fixed length even with Occurs clause?

I could have used the depending clause , but that would mean I get the count from the sending application or have some logic that will populate the count.

Does WMQI expect a fixed length equal to the max occurs whenever I use a CWF , or is it rectified with some CSD?

Do you Yahoo!?