To get this to work you first have to first copy the ibmjsse.jar file to
usr/java131/jre/lib/ext (I'm assuming this is AIX).  You then have to add
an entry such as the following to java.security in
/usr/java131/jre/lib/security:
 security.provider.3=com.ibm.jsse.JSSEProvider
 .
                                                             - Bruce
    Giordano

              Tom Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                          To:
               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              Sent by: MQSeries List                      cc:
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                   Subject:   Java 1.3 and JSSE for
MQ 5.3 SSL

              Tuesday October 21, 2003 04:57 PM
              Please respond to MQSeries List

Need some help. We've shown and tested Java 1.4 can support MQ 5.3 base MQ
classes using SSL client connections. However, we understood this should
work with Java 1.3.1 with JSSE added. It does not seem to work and gives
obscure 2059 error. When we remove SSL from SRVCONN channel, everything
works fine but no SSL. Anyone else able to use SSL from Java 1.3.x?

Regards,
-tom fox