Van: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Bill Anderson
Verzonden: donderdag 23 oktober 2003 19:25
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: To many SVRCONN Connections on WebSphere MQ V5.3

On several occasions, we have had customers making 30 + (one did over 200)
connections to a server connection channel. Each customer has a dedicated
channel used only by them. Almost all of the connections have very low
message counts (like 4 or 6) that do not change. Only one or two have
significant message counts (like 500 + and rising).

I am assuming that their applications are misbehaving by making erroneous
connections for some reason. Many of the customers had contractors develop
the code, and they have no Idea what it is doing (great !) but they agree
they do not intend to make so many connections. I remember hearing that
applications written as Java clients can experience false 2009 errors
which, could cause them to re-connect. The problem being that the original
connections is still valid. That would explain the problem I think.

But regardless of the cause of the problem, I need a way to manage it on my
side. I can't limit the number of connections on a channel by channel basis
so I need to figure out a way to discover erroneous connections and kill
them. They all come from the same IP address, and that don't help at all. I
may have to just bring the whole channel down and restart it.

But I would really like to find a way to have the queue manager end the
channels that are not in use. If the connection between a client
application and an in between router was truly lost, but the queue manager
side of the router was OK, would the queue manager not at some point clean
up the defunct connection?

Bill Anderson
Senior Systems Analyst
SITA Atlanta, GA