From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thomas,
Don
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 10:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQ V5.3 Programs compatible with MQV5.2

Frank,
        Thanks for your response. I've been reading the V5.3 Quick
Beginnings and the latest version of Application Programming Guide and they
do not agree. For example, in the Quick Beginnings book under Compilers
there is a note that says the bundled C compiler is not supported. Yet in
the APG in Table 59, the bundled C compiler is listed as being supported.
Nor is there any mention of recompiles being necessary as part of migrating
form V5.2 to V5.3. Hence my confusion. The only blurb that I have found so
far that even remotely deals with this question is in the Quick Beginnings
which states that any MQ Version 5 client can connect to any queue manager
that supports client attachments, but you only get the functionality that is
supported by that queue manager.

        Has anyone been in this situation? Running code compiled with V5.3
in a V5.2 environment?

Don Thomas
EDS - PASC
* Phone: +01-412-893-1659