From: Wyatt, T. Rob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 1:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Murray, Donald
Subject: RE: Cluster workload balancing (Was: How do you test a MQSeries r
ecovery plan)

Don,

Changed the subject of this thread for clarity.

If you have three QMgrs all with local instances of the same cluster queue
and your client connects to one of them, the messages will go only to the
local instance of that - as specified by IBM.  If you were to have a fourth
QMgr in the cluster and it had no local instance of the cluster queue,
putting the messages to that 4th QMgr would result in the expected
round-robin behavior.

Per the manual: "The workload management algorithm selects the local queue
manager as the destination whenever possible."  See Chapter 5 - Workload
Balancing of the cluster manual at:
http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/html/csqzah06/csqzah06tfrm.htm

-- T.Rob