Can someone kindly clarify these two questions for me:

1- HeartbeatInterval on s server-connection channel. I
know that this is the interval at which the server MCA
sends a heartbeat to the client. This value is on my
server connection channel (on  Windows 2000) is set to
 default  300 (5 min). Since the heartbeats flow from
the server only during a blocked MQGET, if the
Waitinterval on the GET is set to 10 seconds, does
this mean that I may get only one heartbeat during
this GET?   If the application crashes after this
first heartbeat and before the second (which will
happen after 5 min) the queue manager will be unable
to detect that  the client is gone?  If so, isn t it
better to set the HBINT to a value  lower  than the
waitinterval of the GET?  Assume that the messages are
very short 200K and, and the only processing is
writing it to a file.

2- XA support: If the DB2 database is on the same
serve as the queue manager, would my commit in the
client code both commit the MQ and DB2?

Regards.

Hilde