From: Benjamin F. Zhou [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 11:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Puzzled: MQJE001, MQRC 2102 for non-mqm users

Rob,

thanks for the insight.
However, a JMS application accesses a qmgr via a connection factory object
defined in the JNDI namespace, NOT through a svrconn channel on the server,
i,e. it's actually not using the MQI channel. It can be seen from the
following entry in my definition script, that it actually creates a direct
socket connection to the host and port:

      def qcf(qCF) qmgr(MYQM) host(192.168.1.12) transport(client)
port(1415)

So such a definition makes it even more dangerous since there is no more MQ
level security can be activated.

While writing this, it became clear to me that the above is provided as an
alternative to using MQI channel to access a remote qmgr in order to avoid
having to define a client channel on the client side. Certainly, the above
definition can be altered to use MQI channel instead of the host propery:

      def qcf(qCF) qmgr(MYQM) channel(MYSVRCONN) transport(client)

However, the first is a dangerous alternative. Any comment?

regards,
Ben

                      "Wyatt, T. Rob"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      MERICA.COM>                  cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries            Subject: Re: Puzzled:
MQJE001, MQRC 2102 for non-mqm users
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      C.AT>

                      01/05/2004 10:50 AM

Benjamin,

That is because the channel used by the client is using the authority of
the
QMgr.  Unless you put an MCAUSER or a security exit that substitutes a
different UserID on the channel, you will get administrative rights.  This
is true of all client-connections and, yes, it is dangerous.

-- T.Rob