here is a previous string that seems to discuss a problem similar to yours.

this link maybe helpful.

                      Ruzi R
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: What CCSIDs should I use?
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      N.AC.AT>

                      02/02/2004 10:45
                      AM

I have done the testing on Win2K servers having WMQ
5.2 or 5.3 with CSD03 and the conversion happened
correctly in each case. This means that CSD05 is the
culprit. We will open a PMR with IBM.

Ruzi