David

Try :

MQXCC_SUPPRESS_FUNCTION
      Suppress function.
            For the channel security exit, this indicates that the channel
            should be terminated.

Instead of :

MQXCC_CLOSE_CHANNEL
      Close channel.

      This value can be set by any type of channel exit except an
      auto-definition exit. It causes the message channel agent (MCA) to
      close the channel.

Rick

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |   "David C. Partridge"                |
|         |   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       |
|         |                                       |
|         |   Sent by: MQSeries List              |
|         |   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |   Thursday February 19, 2004 05:07 AM |
|         |   Please respond to MQSeries List     |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          |
  |       cc:
                |
  |       Subject:   Unexpected SRVRCONN channel behaviour on 390
                |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

We have encountered an unexpected behaviour of a SRVRCONN channel on
OS/390.

The channel has a security channel exit applied at the 390 end and at the
client end.

If the client end security exit returns with MQCXP.ExitResponse set to
MQXCC_CLOSE_CHANNEL, then
the channel is dropped (as expected) but the channel instance with the IP
address of the client and the channel instance with no IP address at the
390
end both go into STOPPED status.

This means that any further connection attempts by the client fail (I think
with a 2059, but I can't remember for sure - it may have been a 2009 or
something else).

The only way we were able to resolve this was to delete and redefine the
SRVRCONN channel which is not exactly a suitable approach when many clients
are connecting to the same SRVRCONN channel.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to:

a) Whether this is "correct" behaviour?

b) Whether there is a way to resolve the STOPPED state without using the
delete and redefine?

Regards,
David C. Partridge
Security and MQ Products Manager