-----Original Message-----
From: Potkay, Peter M (PLC, IT)

"In your case, by leaving a message on the queue and terminating your CICS
transaction, the above
condition would never been met again, meaning that the trigger would never
start the CICS transaction again"

You can set the TriggerInterval to a reasonable value, and once that time
expires AND a new message lands, you will get retriggered, even though the
depth is not going from 0 to 1.
================================

Yes, we've done a little experimenting with that and observed that it works
as you describe.  Problem is that the newly-triggered transaction has no
"prior knowledge" of the previous transaction's misfortune, nor of the fact
that the message that caused the misfortune is still first in the queue.
Thus, the newly-triggered transaction would encounter the same misfortune,
take the same "early exit" and leave the queue to accumulate new messages
until "the second Tuesday of next week".

I gather from Oliver's reply that the triggered transaction is *obligated*
to remove the message from the "incoming" queue unconditionally, and "do
something" with it even if "something" turns out to be "wrong".

    -jc-