This parameter seems a little odd to me.  It
seems like by definition, non-persistent
messages shouldn't persist across a queue
manager restart. Not sure why IBM saw the
need to create a new "sort of persistent"
message.
Seems to me that if you rely heavily upon the
speed of non-persistant messages, then these
messages should not be deleted for normal
queue manager down times.

If you stop the queue manager nightly to do
backups, then you dont want to lose normal
transaction traffic.

After all it is normal system down time.

On the other hand, if the queue manager or
sytem has a catastrophic failure then loss
of non-persistant messages is expected.