I'm not sure I understand. If my NT userid is db2admin why would it work if
I change the MCAUSER on the SVRCONN to mqm? How can I secure it so that only
users I designate can use it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Clarke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 4:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MO71

Mike,

I'm not sure what your security policy is; whether you're using SSL,
security exits or whatever but to get things working you could change the
MCAUSER of the SVRCONN to something which has the required authority. If
your MCAUSER is blank then you are even less secure since you'll
effectively believe any userid the client cares to throw at you.
On most platforms you can switch authority events on in the Queue Manager
and then you'll get a message whenever a security check fails. This
messages details the userid and the object being checked. Personally I find
this quite useful when tracking down security violations.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development
IBM Hursley

|         |           "Ward, Mike S"   |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>|
|         |           Sent by: MQSeries|
|         |           List             |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           N.AC.AT>         |
|         |           19/03/2004 22:20 |
|         |           MQSeries List    |

----------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  Re: MO71

Thanks, I got it to work. I am also trying to connect to a SCO Unix
qmanager
and I keep getting a Error connecting via client to 'VRUQMGR3' RC(2035) Not
authorized. I tried defining the userid of the NT box that has mqmon
running
on it and then modifying that user so that it has mqm as a group but I
still
get the same message. Any thoughts?