Before acting on this e-mail or opening any attachment, you are advised to read the
disclaimer at the end of this mail.

Hi,
Has anyone written a channel message or an API exit on the iSeries in RPG - OPM
or ILE? (I cant use C as there is no compiler and the client does not want to
use C.)

As a first attempt I put together a channel message exit listed below. It
compiles but when I assign it to the channel and attempt to start the channel, I
get:
AMQ9535: User exit not valid.

Are there any example exits in RPG anywhere or can anyone provide one? I have
looked through the Intercommunication manual and RPG reference, are there any
other manuals/web sites etc that you would recommend? Any suggestions on how I
might determine what is invalid with the exit?

Thanks in advance,
Pat

IMQCXP       DS
 . structure definition
 .
IMQCD        DS
 . structure definition
 .
IABUF        DS                           9999
 *
C           *ENTRY    PLIST
C                     PARM           MQCXP
C                     PARM           MQCD
C                     PARM           DATLEN  90
C                     PARM           ABUFL   90
C                     PARM           ABUF
C                     PARM           EBUFL   90
C                     PARM           EBUF   16
 *
C                     Z-ADD0         CXRES
C                     RETRN
C                     SETON                     LR

This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and is strictly confidential. If you
are not the addressee, please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in
reliance on it or any attachments. Instead please e-mail it back to the sender and
delete the message from your computer.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free and The
Co-operative Bank accepts no liability for changes made to this e-mail (and any
attachments) after it was sent or for viruses arising as a result of this e-mail
transmission.

Any unauthorised reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.

The Co-operative Bank reserves the right to intercept any e - mails or other
communication for permitted purposes in accordance with the current legislation which
you send to, or receive from, any of the employees or agents of the Bank via Bank
telecommunication systems. By so corresponding you also give your consent to the Bank
monitoring and recording of any correspondence using these systems.

The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. is registered in England and Wales, number 990937. The
registered office is at PO Box 101, 1, Balloon Street, Manchester, M60 4EP.