Hello,

We had a problem --  with starting MQSeries 5.3 at bootup on Solaris -- actually
exactly FAQ problem described in
http://www.developer.ibm.com/tech/faq/results/0,1322,1%253A401%253A411%253A10%253Amq,00.html#q10
and we solved it all right as FAQ suggested. What drives me crazy, however, is that
the problem itself could not be reproduced from the regular command prompt, no matter
what command prompt it was. I have sudo root access on the machine and I tried all the
ways of creating the process context similar to the boot environment -- like
sudo su
sudo su -,
sudo sh,
sudo ksh
sudo ksh, then su -
etc. etc. etc.
We checked euid,egid,uid,gid and everything -- and all that was root and system (most
of the time) and still our startup scripts always worked fine from the command line --
but not when system were booting (we added our root in mqm group, that did not help
either) -- and the simple trick in the FAQ does the thing. I thought I knew Unix a
little bit -- and now I am not sure :-( ... Does anybody have an idea what is the root
cause of the problem described in the FAQ entry referred to above and how to reproduce
it from the command prompt? What is that in the environment that is different when
entering runlevel 3?

BTW, the error message we were getting from strmqm was actually different from the one
mentioned in the FAQ -- some error status 119 (not documented in Sys Adm Guide).

Regards,
Pavel

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender