Hi Ian,

many thanks for the insight. I tested by disabling GET on
SYSTEM.ADMIN.COMMAND.QUEUE, then the command msg stays on this queue, which
confirmed the receiving MCA does successfully put the request into the
command queue. As soon as I enable the GET on this queue, the same number
of msg appear on the deadQ.  However, they are all of msg type "request" ,
not reply, as they should be.

But why should the command server not populate the userid field with its
own id when putting a reply?

A few related questions:
* where does the command server put the reply msg to?
(SYSTEM.MQSC.REPLY.QUEUE? )
* Why are commands sent to command server from MQExplorer on NT got
processed and replied correctly?
* Where do these command reply msg go to before being picked up my the
remote MQExplorer?

Rao, I do use DEF on the channel's PUTAUT field.

I must admit I'm more confused now. Any more idea?

thanks,
Ben

                      "Chan, Ian M"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: Puzzled - remote MQSC
commands land in DeadQ
                      MQSeries List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      en.AC.AT>

                      04/01/2004 08:38
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to MQSeries List

Ben,

I set this remote MQSC 2 years ago and I remembered I had the same problem.
If I remembered correctly, it was caused by the reply message using the ID
in the MQMD, which is your XP logon id.  If that's not defined to AIX, you
get the NOT_AUTHORIZED error.  The MCAUSER specified in your RCVR only
affects the authority for MQ to put to the request command queue.

I ended up by setting a single id across the platforms and grant
appropriate
rights to achieve this.

I am not good in the context security and may be someone have a better
idea.

Cheers,

Ian