From: Adiraju, Rao [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 5:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MQ Security data in SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE

I am trying to analyse the entries in the above queue on SOLARIS platform with MQ V5.3 CSD6.

What I am noticing is when I create an object such as local queue,  MQ by default, is generating two authorisation entries - one for "mqm" group and another for one of my other group-ids but not all the groups that I belong to.

On this particular box my user-id is connected to three groups - mqm, group1, group2. Where as MQ is creating authorisation entries for mqm and group1 but NOT group2.

Where as if I do "sudo su - mqm" and create an object, then I can see only one authorisation entry for "mqm" group.

Similarly when a solaris administrator logs on as "root" and create objects, I see only two entries - one for "mqm" and another for "other". Even here the "root" is associated with more than these two groups.

Looks like it is always generating TWO entries - one for "mqm" and another for one of the associated groups (but not all and in what order it selects - beats me).

Appreciate if anybody can throw some light on how it works.

Is the behaviour is same on Windows platform (I am still analysing it but at the outset doesn't look like the same).

And also appreciate any advise on how to clean up all other entries barring "mqm" group.  I am thinking of unloading these entries in to a txt file, delete unwanted entries and load back. Then the plan is to grant controlled access to the users.

Cheers

Rao

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged material.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or retain it.  If you have received it in error please immediately notify me by return email and delete the emails.
Thank you.