Sorry, case of RTFM.  You CAN specifiy the qmgr name on the accessQueue method.

-----Original Message-----
From: Taylor, Neil
Sent: 08 April 2004 10:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Java and remote Dynamic reply q routing

Does anybody know how to achieve the above?  Unlike the C API, in java you do not get the option to specify the destination qmgr value.  Which means that qmgr/ qname resolution does not appear to work - in routing to the correct xmitq or qmgr alias.  It is implied due to the qmgr object you hold that you will always write to this qmgr.  That's fine for non-dynamic reply queues on remote systems, if you have all the routes coded in remote q defs.  But it does lose a very important feature of MQ - dynamic request/ reply.

I have read that with JMS you can specifiy a null destination object which, I guess, then invokes resolution by the qmgr.  Perhaps there is a similar thing with the java API?

Regards

Neil