Rao,
  My apologies.  Do you have any monitoring on MQ?
QPasa and Candle CC DE XP can be configured to hadle
these failover situations.  Nastel may also - just
can't confirm from experience.
  The channel may have to be stopped/started to
correct the ip issue.  Maybe someone with a deeper
understanding knows otherwise.  I'd like to know for
sure.
  My bet is that if you have a script triggered by a
channel retry event, that the script can verify that
the machine is available/not available, and can issue
pcf commands to cycle a channel - it will work.
  How will the IP flip be achieved - manually?
Initiate the channel cycle script manually after
swapping IPs.  Some companies will alter qremote
definitions to point to different xmitqs to failover,
but this can leave messages on the failed chl's xmitq.
Hope that this helps,
Chris