Peter,

If the server crashes, it doesn't matter.  If MQ crashes, then I suppose it
could prove useful to run amqiclen or mqipcrm it at the head of the startup
script.  Unless there's some exposure/problem with residual shared memory
segments and semaphores, running the cleanup before starting MQ might be
better.  But, if your script doesn't detect and abort the startup, raise an
alert, if either amqiclen or mqipcrm returns a bad return code, you could
see your queue manager fail.  I guess the question is when you want to
notified of a problem with amqiclen/mqipcrm.

                      "Potkay, Peter M
                      (PLC, IT)"                  To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         cc:
                      RTFORD.COM>                 Subject: Re: amqiclen question
                      Sent by: MQSeries
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      AC.AT>

                      04/21/2004 09:50 AM

Where do you guys put amqiclen or mqipcrm.sh?

I was thinking of putting it at the head of my startup scripts as well as
the end of the shutdown scripts. If the server / QM crashes and the
shutdown
script never runs, there is a chance that there will be leftover shared
memory and segments that may interfere with the QM coming back up. Or is
this overkill?