From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ward,
Mike S
Sent: 11 May 2004 23:51
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Data Conversion

Hi all, I have a question about MQ data conversion and I am hoping someone
out there has an answer for me. I have a Q mgr set up on Z/OS and one set up
on Windows. I have verified that both sender channels on either side are set
to data conversion yes. If I send a message from Z/OS(Via PQEDIT) to the
windows side and use the rfhutil to read it from the q. It's still in EBCDIC
format. If I send a message from the windows side(Via mqput2) and read it
from the queue using PQEDIT the data looks like it's in ASCII format. I have
been scratching my head over this all day. I made sure the sender channels
are set to convert yes and I have stopped and restarted them to make sure
they took. Does anyone have any idea's as to why this is occurring? I am at
the 5.3 level csd 6 on windows and on z/os I am also at the 5.3 level and I
thing equivalent to csd 3.

Thanks in advance for any reply's