Hi Bobbee,

We have been getting this error quite frequently on
certain W2K/MQ 5.3 servers. I have posted this error
on the list a couple of times -- along with some other
people. As far as I remeber 2 things were suggesgted
that are worth looking into:

  1- Applications are not not terminationg gracefully
(i.e. wothout DISCONNECTing)
  2- Configuration problem on the server (e.g machine
NIC, router,gateway and other network related setup).

Our network people are in  the process of looking into
this prob. If I find anything I will post. I am also
interested in any suggestions/ideas other than the two
mentioned above.

Regards,

Ruzi
--- Pavel Tolkachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
&gt; Hello Bobbee,
&gt;
&gt; I believe this means that the client machine
closes
&gt; the socket (I guess, preliminary, from the
&gt; application protocol (MQI over TCP) point of
view).
&gt;
&gt; Hope this will help,
&gt; Pavel
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;                       Robert Broderick
&gt;                       &lt;[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To:
&gt;      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
&gt;                       OTMAIL.COM&gt;
 cc:
&gt;                       Sent by: MQSeries
&gt; Subject:  Connection error
&gt;                       List
&gt;                       &lt;[EMAIL PROTECTED]
&gt;                       .AC.AT&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;                       05/10/2004 10:54
&gt;                       AM
&gt;                       Please respond to
&gt;                       MQSeries List
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; I am getting "mucho" of the following. Anything I
&gt; should look at ??????. Is
&gt; this where the client machine just ends the
&gt; session??????
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; bobbee
&gt; 05/10/04  09:24:38
&gt; AMQ9208: Error on receive from host xx.xx.xx.xxx.
&gt; (TCP/IP was a client
&gt; machine)
&gt;
&gt; EXPLANATION:
&gt; An error occurred receiving data from
xx.xx.xx.xxx
&gt; (This was a client
&gt; machine) over TCP/IP. This may be due to a
&gt; communications failure.
&gt; ACTION:
&gt; The return code from the TCP/IP (read) call was
73
&gt; (X'49'). Record these
&gt; values
&gt; and tell the systems administrator.
&gt;
&gt; #define ECONNRESET      73      /* Connection
reset
&gt; by peer */
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; the Listserv General Users Guide available at
&gt; http://www.lsoft.com
&gt; Archive:
http://vm.akh-wien.ac.at/MQSeries.archive
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; --
&gt;
&gt; This e-mail may contain confidential and/or
&gt; privileged information. If you are not the
intended
&gt; recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
&gt; please notify the sender immediately and destroy
&gt; this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure
or
&gt; distribution of the material in this e-mail is
&gt; strictly forbidden.
&gt;
&gt; Instructions for managing your mailing list
&gt; subscription are provided in