Ruzi and Scott.

Thank you very much for your replies. Matching them to IBM's statement about the
AMI's future, I think I will steer my customer towards Scott's path: native Java
classes and/or JMS.

Cheers.

Heinz

Ruzi R wrote:

Hi Heinz,

You are having a lot of problems with PeopleSOft using
AMI, and currently in the process of dealing with them
(with lost of frustration).  The problem seems to
happen for sending messages over  about 500K.
Yesterday, it took over an hour to put a 1.8 MB
message, and the process was still hanging as it did
not get the confirmation (I think it is the return
code from AMI). I could browse the message (so it was
committed). After an hour it put the same message
again ! 3 minutes after that it put it for the third
time. So the same message got put  3 times ( with
Retry count =3)!!!. Retry count is not supposed to
work like this. We are trying to determine the exact
pattern, which seems to be very hard to do  Sometimes
we get the AMI return code 49 -- for no justifiable
reason.   I will put the AMI trace on and see if we
can come up with anything.

Best regards,

Ruzi

--- Scott Gray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Heinz,

We had all sorts of problems running AMI under WAS
3.5 ranging from lockups
to coredumps...worked with support for weeks but got
the run around between
the WAS and MQ support teams...we finally gave up
and rewrote our app using
the base mq java classes.   The best answer we got
was that there was some
issue with threading and the way AMI used JNI, but
we never got real
closure.

Good luck.

Scott