Title: Message
thanks Guido for the input. We managed to start the channel initiator from the master console which started giving out security errors, combined with you input all is now running
thanks
-----Original Message-----
From: Rechsteiner, Guido [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 April, 2004 09:05
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Security problem on new qmgr

Hi Nadi

I expect, security switch(es...) have been defined but no access profiles...

Try this one first:

Define in the class MQADMIN the profile xxxx.NO.SUBSYS.SECURITY where xxxx is the subsystem name. After refreshing the profile, recycle the queue manager. This should turn off any security check. I expect, everything will then work, as this way, no security check should happen.

Afterwards, switch on security to fit your needs. Eg, if you dont need connection to be checked, define in MADMIN xxxx.NO.CONNECT.CHECKS. For all type of resources without a '.NO.' profile, security will be checked and you have to define corrsponding rules, eg. 'RDEFINE MQCMDS xxxx.CLEAR.QLOCAL UACC(NONE)' and 'PERMIT xxxx.CLEAR.QLOCAL CLASS(MQCMDS) ACCESS(ALTER) ID(group_which_is_allowed_to_do_so)'. Dont forget to delete the xxxx.NO.SUBSYS.SECURITY... ;-)

Check your system setup guid, chapter 'using RACF classes and profile', hope, it's also useful with top secret...

Regards

Guido