Greetings All,

We are in the process of rehosting OS/390 to AIX and I am looking for some
thoughts on a problem we have run into. To provide test data on AIX I have a
channel message exit on our gateway/hub.OS/390 channel that copies all
mainframe-bound messages to the AIX qmgr, however initial testing has
highlighted a problem with the "format" of the MsgId and CorrelId fields.
Some of the applications, reading messages off some of the queues, all from
the same source qmgr need to use the MsgId/CorrelId values but they are
currently being sent in EBCDIC format and are not 'readable' on AIX. At the
moment I am looking at either selectively translating the fields in the
message exit or setting up a translation routine on AIX, if possible, that
can be called by those applications that need it.
Do any of you have any experience/thoughts/gotchas/samples/alternatives that
you could share to help me in my decision?
TIA,

> Kerry Swemmer
> T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd
> Database Administrator
> Computing and Desktop Services
> Address: DaimlerChrysler, 7 Settlers Way, East London, South Africa
> Postal Address: PO Box 671, East London, 5200
> Phone:  +27 (43) 706 2549
> Fax:    +27 (43) 706 2085
> Mobile: +27 (83) 657 4151
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Internet: www.t-systems.co.za

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and T-Systems
South Africa (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability therefore, except where the sender
specifically states them to be those of T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd.  Although
this message has been scanned for the possible presence of computer viruses prior to
despatch, T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd cannot be held responsible for any viruses
or other material transmitted with, or as part of, this message.