Just curious, are you guys saying that you will install an MQ server and then you will also install an MQ client on the same machine ? I thought MQ Server is  a super set that installs everything a client installs and a lot more.

But yes i know for sure that you can write an application to use MQ API (such that it uses a client connection & server connection channel combo thus making it a client server connection) to connect to another Queue Manager on a different machine. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but thought i would drop my few cents in just in case...

Thanks
Usha

At 03:29 PM 4/28/2004 -0400, you wrote:
To be more precise about the answer, yes, you can run an MQ Client process on a machine that is also running a queue manager, and have that client access a different queue manager than the one running on the same box.

Bill
From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Sharath H V
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 8:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Can a MQ server act as MQClient?

All
I have a few questions for you in MQ .
We have a MQ server  which is going to be used in two ways .
The first one would be used for connecting the two modules of the same application.Here Module 1 writes on to the Local Q and Module 2 reads from the Local Q .
The second one should be used as a client . There is a second MQServer which gets the messages from an external MQserver  (MQserver 3 ) Here we want the first MQ server act as client to the second MQserver
Can I use a MQserver as a MQclient to connect to another MQ Server ? If so , can i get some material on how to do the same .

image0019.gif

rgds
H V SHarath

<<inline: image0019.gif>>