Hi All....

Onto a "fun" new project....I am trying to configure CICS in TXSeries to use MQ. I
have written small C and Cobol programs to test and they run but abnormally
slow....several minutes to complete. I put some displays in and could see the time was
being spent in connecting to the qmanager so I removed the XA switch file from the
region and they run normally, sub second as expected. I built the switch file
according to the TXSeries CICS Admin docs and what is strange is that when the region
starts up, I can see in the console output that the XA connections are established
without any errors or warnings. Obviously, the problem must be in the switch file but
was wondering if anyone is doing this and whether they came up with any similar
problems and what they did to correct.

Also, as a general question, I was wondering how many people are using TXSeries and
MQ?!? Even if you haven't had this problem, would appreciate to hear your thoughts
about this.

Thanks....
Dan

Dan Capodicci