From: MQSeries List
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 05:56:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Rebate info...
"Bobbee is correct. I have altered the base queue name of an alias queue
through a MQAI program. I then checked the queue through the MQExplorer and
it did not show the update. I then used runmqsc to verify the change and
runmqsc showed the change. Still after a period of time the MQExplorer did
not show the update."
---This happens because MQExplorer did *NOT* update any info automatically.
Because MQExplorer is eventually sending PCF messages to get the latest info
from the queue manager. Unless you issue refresh, it wont send a request to
get the latest info and hence you wont see the updated info within
MQExplorer.
The easy way out is, always refresh the entire queue manager to see any
changes to any objects that took place.
Cheers
Kumar

John