A client has a problem where his MQ application is failing but he says the MQ updates are not rolling back. I'm sure he's got something wrong in his code but before I berate him I just want to confirm my understanding and ask if there are any known issues.

If an application (WIN2K) gets a message using MQGMO_SYNCPOINT and then issues a MQDISC (but no preceding MQCMIT) the MQGET is committed. If on the other hand it just ends normally but does not issue a MQCMIT or MQDISC) the MQGET is rolled back.

I've tried this using the API Exerciser in First Steps and it seems to confirm this.

1) Is this correct ?
2) If the Win2K application runs as a Windows service does it still work the same ?

If so, can anyone think of any reasons why the MQGET might not be rolled back when the application ends.

TIA

Steve.