All,

Thanks for your comments.

No matter how many things I stopped and how many times I rebooted the server, I
had the problem with locked files.

Besides what mentioned below, here is what I did to resolve the problem:
- Removed the MQ Taskbar icon from the Startup folder
- Set the "IBM MQ Series" service to 'Manual' then REBOOTED.
- Tried the CSD07 install again and of course it failed
- Checked the CSD install log by doing the following command:
  notepad %TEMP%\amqicsdn.txt
- Search for the string 'Target file is in use'
- For each entry found (I had 5), renamed it to 'roger_amq*****'
- REBOOTED again.
- After the the reboot, deleted the 'roger_amq*****' files
- Tried the CSD07 install again and this time it worked.
- REBOOT again.
- Put back the Task Bar icon in the startup folder
- Set the "IBM MQ Series" service to 'Automatic' and started the service.
- REBOOTED one last time to make sure everything worked and it did.

Now mqver gives 530.7 CSD07.  Yeah!!!

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.