Mike,

we have been using  Websphere Application Server (WAS) and WMQ for a while.

first suggestion is to make sure that the level of WAS and WMQ are
compatible.    We had WAS 4.1 and WMQ 5.3 (csd03) and had a lot of
instability.  RRS problems,  5C6,  2195,  Storage leaks, nightly IPL of
prod LPAR, etc.    When we went to WMQ 5.3.1,  we had to apply maint to
WAS.   Now we are preparing to go to WAS 5.02 level 10, WMQ 5.3.1  csd06.

Check the informational apar II13776.  for exact matches of maintenance
level between the 2 subsystems.    Follow them closely since IBM has either
not tested or found problems with any combination that is not listed.

Back to your original question.   We increase the max. channel parm on the
csq6parm file for the chin.  In the zparm,  we increase cthread, idback,
and idfore values.    We added the MQ runtimes to Linklist,  (reduced CPU
and storage usage).   Otherwise the qmgrs are pretty generic.  Most of the
work is on the WAS side, to add the MQ/JMS/JMB support in the WAS address
space.

Make sure the application developer follow the rules.  One of our major
problems was exacerbated because the Java application would just go away,
and not disc or clean up.  This cause WMQ,  RRS, and WAS to spend a lot of
time cleaning up after the application.

Glen Larson
Zurich North America

Mike Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@AKH-Wien.AC.AT> on 06/23/2004
12:34:01 PM

Please respond to MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:    MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>