From: Roger Lacroix [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 12:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Resolved: Windows 2000 Server and CSD07 problem

Nah, nothing heroic.

When I did a search, I found people complained that the MQPINUSEOK flag
didn't
work, so I didn't bother.

This was a new (or almost new) box with a fresh install of MQ.  Therefore, I
want to make sure it was put to the current CSD level.  Backout is not a
requirement.  If needed, I would have just deleted and re-installed.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix

Quoting Peter Uranyi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> [...]
> with
> the MQPINUSEOK flag, as suggested in the memo.ptf?
>
> E.g.:  U200212A.exe -a MQPINUSEOK=1
>
> Then you only need to reboot once and you don't have to worry about
anything
> else.
>
> Manual labor aside, there is one other potential problem with renaming
files.
> When the CSD gets installed the old files are backed up, so that you can
> revert
> to the previous level if you need to.  (Although in the past seven years I
> never had to do that :)
> The renamed files won't get backed up, so you have to manually move them
into
> the backup directory and change their name back to the original.
>
> Peter
>

> --- Roger Lacroix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > Thanks for your comments.
> >
> > No matter how many things I stopped and how many times I rebooted the
> server,
> > had the problem with locked files.
> >
> > Besides what mentioned below, here is what I did to resolve the problem:
> > - Removed the MQ Taskbar icon from the Startup folder
> > - Set the "IBM MQ Series" service to 'Manual' then REBOOTED.
> > - Tried the CSD07 install again and of course it failed
> > - Checked the CSD install log by doing the following command:
> >   notepad %TEMP%\amqicsdn.txt
> > - Search for the string 'Target file is in use'
> > - For each entry found (I had 5), renamed it to 'roger_amq*****'
> > - REBOOTED again.
> > - After the the reboot, deleted the 'roger_amq*****' files
> > - Tried the CSD07 install again and this time it worked.
> > - REBOOT again.
> > - Put back the Task Bar icon in the startup folder
> > - Set the "IBM MQ Series" service to 'Automatic' and started the
service.
> > - REBOOTED one last time to make sure everything worked and it did.
> >
> > Now mqver gives 530.7 CSD07.  Yeah!!!
> >

> > Regards,
> > Roger Lacroix
> > Capitalware Inc.
> > http://www.capitalware.biz
> >

> > Quoting Roger Lacroix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > Help please,
> > >
> > > Box:
> > > Windows 2000 Server SP4 (dual CPU)
> > >
> > > Today I installed WMQ v5.3 with CSD01 using Terminal Services (to D:
> drive
> > of
> > > server) and the install went fine (I copied the CD to a local drive
then
> > did
> > > the install from it).  As I said, everything went fine and I reboot
the
> > > server.
> > >
> > > After the reboot, I downloaded CSD07.  First I stopped the MQ Services
> and
> > > clicked 'Hide the icon'.  Check Task Manager for any AMQ*** or
RUNMQ***
> > tasks
> > > and there were none.
> > >
> > > Under Terminal Services launched the CSD07 (U200212A.exe) and goes
fine
> > until
> > > it
> > > gets to'Checking files; please wait' (the 2nd time). Then I get the
> > following
> > > error:
> > > 'IBM WebSphere MQ files are in use. Stop activity and retry.
(AMQ4757)'