You probably have the QMANAGER property of the queue object filled in. The manual says that that is the name of the QM you are connected to. The manual is WRONG. That property maps to the MQOD_ObjectQmngrName field.

So, if you are connected to QM1, and QM2 and QM3 are the only QMs that have the queue in question, and you have QM1 in QMANAGER, the underlying MQ code is trying to put the message to the queue on QM1, which does not exist. Blank out QMANAGER, and the message will round robin between QM2 and QM3. Or if you need to put the message specifically to QM2 or QM3, stick that in QMANAGER.

I dealt with this before:

-----Original Message-----
From: Brendan Drummond [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 10:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JAVA app can't see clustered queues

Hi,

We're having a few problems when a JAVA application is trying to put messages to a clustered queue which exists on 2 (remote) full repository boxes.
If we specify the clustered queue in the connection configuration, we receive the 2085 error code.
I have also tried creating a local Alias queue that has the clustered queue as the base queue howver we get the 2082 error code.
If we put to a normal local queue, this works ok.
The queue manager we are putting messages on to is part of the cluster and an amqsput works for both of the scenarios above.

Any ideas...?

Brendan Drummond
Middleware Support

Energis
Direct Dial: +44 (0) 118 919 2443
Switchboard: +44 (0) 20 7206 5555
http://www.energis.com

At Energis we want our customers to succeed. That's why we really welcome
your views on how we can improve our performance. If you have any comments,
good or bad, please let us know by following this link to our feedback form:
http://www.energis.com/contact/feedback.asp

This e-mail is sent by Energis Communications Limited and its contents are
confidential and may be legally privileged.

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.