From: "Capodicci, Dan (GE Commercial Finance)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Insert into remote Oracle db....
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:04:01 -0400

Hi All....

New day, new project, mew fun "challenges"....:)

MQSI 2.1, MQ 5.3 csd 5 Oracle 8i....

I am looking to set up a message flow that does an insert into a remote
Oracle database. I am using a Database node and I tested my code on a local
db2 db and got it to work without issues. The problem I am having is that
my local db does not have any authorization issues around it but the remote
db is expecting a userID/password and I am not sure of the proper way to
accomplish this using MQSI. I have tried setting the default user on the
ODBC driver (MQSeries MERANT 3.70 32BIT Oracle8) but there is no place to
enter a password. I am not sure if it needs to be in the tnsnames.ora file
of the client or not and if does, what the correct syntax would be.

If anyone can lend some advice, it would be well appreciated!! Also, if
there is some documentation on this somewhere in the IBM docs, I have not
been able to find it (which, by no means says it does not exist :), so any
direction there would also be helpful!!

Thanks....
Dan

_________________________________________________________________ Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up now 3 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/