Prasath,

The export command has to be in the script that starts your trigger
monitor, if I recall correctly.  I had opened this PMR with IBM in 8/5/03
and IBM's solution fixed my problem.

Also, I believe export MQ_SIGCHLD_SIGACTION=YES is incorrect.  The other
export command looks right.

             "BALAKRISHNAN,
             PRASATH (SBCSI)"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                                           To
             Sent by: MQSeries         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             List                                                       cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             n.AC.AT>                                              Subject
                                       MQ issues with dead letter queue

             07/01/2004 06:13
             PM

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 n.AC.AT>

Hello,

        For the last several days we have been accumulating large
numbers of trigger messages in the Dead Letter Queue. We added this in
the .profile which was suggested in one of the forums as a possible
solution
        # For Web Sphere MQ 5.3 SP 4
        export AMQ_SIGCHLD_SIGACTION=YES
        export MQ_SIGCHLD_SIGACTION=YES
        Still it did not work. Can you help me in finding a possible
solution
        Thanks

        Prasath Balakrishnan