I guess in my mind that is duplicating a queue manager. It has the same
name, objects, etc.  But that is just semantics.

I understand the fundamentals of clustering, but have little personal
experience with implementing it, so take this with a grain of salt.

It seems to me if, after building the new queue manager, you could then
remove the existing queue manager from the cluster, and then bring up the
new queue manager on a different box, the new queue manager would advertise
its self to the cluster main repositories like any new queue manager that
joins an existing cluster. That should not require any sort of resetting of
sequence numbers.

I would check the manual to determine what steps may be necessary to ensure
all members of the cluster are aware of the existing queue managers
removal.

Cheers

                      "AkBar E. Dar"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: Moving Queue Manager to
New Server
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      N.AC.AT>

                      07/22/2004 11:01
                      AM

I am not duplicating the Queue Manger, rather we moving to a new machine.

Once New machine is imaged, I will turn off the other machine and configure
the same Queue Manager on the New machine with the information like Server
Name(CONNAME) and reset the Channel Sequence Number.  Then run the security
file(was created using "amqoamd") back in with the updated security
information.  This should get the Queue Manager running in a Cluster under
the new location.

Bill; I did find the Channel information, once I ran the "saveqmgr" but
cluster definition is not there.  I don't think there is anything else.

Let me know if I am missing anything.
Thanks,

This e-mail, and any attached file(s), is intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure. If
you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to
believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the UI
Information Security Manager at 203-499-3689 and delete this message
immediately from any computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination,
retransmission, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
(See attached file: pic02306.gif)