I agree with James.

Mike Davidson
TSYS MQ Tech Support
IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere MQ V5.3
IBM Certified Solution Designer - WebSphere MQ V5.3
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

James Simms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

07/26/2004 02:56 PM

Please respond to MQSeries List

        To:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Moving the list server?

I am concerned that this will come down to a vote of a minority -- that being the case, I vote DO NOT MOVE. This ia a reliable and convenient listserver with a recent glitch that is transient and correctable with a few Delete keystrokes.

Jim

Ruzi R wrote:
I personally don't think that the move is justified at this moment... Regards, Ruzi

"Kinnaird, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just my 2 cents worth, I don't think I've seen anything that would justify a move, just a few annoyances, and this listserv seems to otherwise work pretty well. It didn't take me too long to hit my delete key a few times during the recent disturbance.

However, when there is a problem, it is not good if there are only two people who can moderate the discussion and one is no longer around and the other is temporarily unreachable.  It's a lot to ask, but maybe there are a few who have the time and interest to become moderators.  If that responsibility is shared, then there is more of a chance of someone being available to handle problems and it wouldn't be big burden on any one person.  You would need something like that anyway even if you moved the list somewhere else wouldn't you?

John Kinnaird
Manager, National Operating Center

Tree of Life

The information contained in this communication (including any attachments hereto) is confidential and is intended solely for the personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The information may also constitute a legally privileged confidential communication. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, dissemination, copying, or unauthorized use of this information, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message. Thank you