From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Neil Casey
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 5:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: WaitInterval on CICS Bridge Process

Hi June,

I found the following in the zOS System Administration Guide. It doesn't say
that -1 means unlimited, but it does say that the default values is
unlimited, so you should be able to just leave it out.

On the other hand, it also says that unlimited is a bad idea, because it
interferes with the tidy shutdown of both CICS and MQSeries.

Starting the CICS bridge

To start the bridge, you need to run the CKBR transaction providing a
maximum of three parameters:
      Q=qqq, where qqq is the name of the queue holding requests. If you do
      not specify a queue name, the default is SYSTEM.CICS.BRIDGE.QUEUE.

      Remember that names of objects within WebSphere MQ are
      case-sensitive.
      AUTH=xxx, where xxx is the security option. The default is LOCAL.
      WAIT=nnn, where nnn is the number of seconds that you want the bridge
      task to wait for subsequent requests before timing out when
      processing a unit of work that runs many user programs.

      The default wait time is unlimited.

      You are recommended to specify a wait time. If you do not specify a
      wait time, the CICS bridge might inhibit CICS or queue manager shut
      down.

Start the CKBR task running by using one of the following methods:
      Input a single line from a terminal (3270 or other). Note that the
      terminal is not freed until the monitor ends. The format is:

|                                                                          |
| CKBR Q=<queue name>,AUTH=<auth option>,WAIT=nnn                          |

| |

      For example:

|                                                                          |
| CKBR Q=MyQueue,AUTH=IDENTIFY,WAIT=30                                     |

| |

      Issue an EXEC CICS START for the CKBR program with the parameters as
      data.
      Issue an EXEC CICS LINK to the program CSQCBR00 with the parameters
      as data in the commarea.
      Use TRIGGER TRIGTYPE(FIRST) from the bridge request queue to a
      process specifying APPLICID(CKBR), with any parameters for the AUTH
      and WAIT options in USERDATA.

The level of security you want to use influences how you start the monitor
task. See the WebSphere MQ for z/OS System Setup Guide for information on
the security options available to you.

Regards,

Neil Casey
National Australia Bank
Southern Star Technology
WebSphere MQ Support
1/122 Lewis Rd Wantirna South
office. +61 3 9886 2375 (x82375)
mobile. +61 414 615 334

             June Lawton
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ROUP.COM>                                                  To
             Sent by: MQSeries         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             List                                                       cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             n.AC.AT>                                              Subject
                                       WaitInterval on CICS Bridge Process

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 n.AC.AT>

CLIP

Can anyone verify for me that -1 is for unlimited wait?   Thank you!

CLIP

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the
Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com