What is the format specified in the MQMD of the failing message?

Doug

Inactive hide details for Ronald Weinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Ronald Weinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

          Ronald Weinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

          08/05/2004 07:59 AM

cc

Subject

DLQ message - RC2119 from UNIX MCA

We have an application with a client connection to a UNIX MQ server sending messages to MVS. The messages are PUT using the QAlias of a remote queue which has the remoteqname and remoteqmanager name, so the Xmitq used is resolved by the remoteqmanagername.
The sender channel between the UNIX and MVS managers is defined with CONVERT(YES). When the PUT is issued the message goes to the Xmitq. The MCA gets the message and places in on the local (of the UNIX) QMgr DLQ with an 2119 MQRC_NOT_CONVERTED error. I looked at the message on the DLQ and the original MQMD had CCSID=819 and ENCODE=273. The channel definition was changed to CONVERT(NO) and the message went to the MVS system where the application GET was successful.
Could someone explain the 2119 in this case?

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: pic03184.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>