From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Pavel
Tolkachev
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 12:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Continuous forwarding of priority queue to a non-priority queue

Hello all,

One of my clients has a requirement to my application, which by its design and
specification cannot properly process the queue where prioritized messages can be put,
to process messages in accordance with their priorities. I figured out that the most
rational way to meet it would be to just let MQ to prioritize the messages in some
queue with MSGDLVSQ(PRIORITY) and transactionally forward all messages to an
additional queue with MSGDLVSQ(FIFO) from where my application could then work. For
performance reasons I think it is probably better for this new forwarding application
to be server application. For the administration convenience and robustness, I think
it might better be a triggered process rather than a standalone daemon. I need help
with two questions:

1.  Does my solution outlined above make sense? Especially -- what are pros and
contras and gotchas for making it a triggered process (I have never written one
before)?
2. Isn't there something around ready, like a service pack for doing this type of
work? One requirement I feel I will have to consider is that the second queue must not
be deep, otherwise, if the downstream process takes too long, the messages of
different original priority will pile up in the secondary queue and the client will
not be sastisfied with how we actually obey that original priority. So, the solution
must properly process the "destination queue is full" condition.

Thank you,
Pavel

                      Paul Clarke
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      IBM.COM>                 cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: downloading MO71 support
pac....
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      n.AC.AT>

                      07/22/2004 09:29
                      AM

Dan,

Is it possible you're using the old webpage.  The SupportPacs have been
re-arranged recently.

I've just tried it from

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=203&uid=swg24000142&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

and it seems to work fine for me.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development
IBM Hursley

             "Capodicci, Dan
             (GE Commercial
             Finance)"                                                  To
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             .COM>                                                      cc
             Sent by: MQSeries
             List                                                  Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         downloading MO71 support pac....
             N.AC.AT>

Hi....

After having read so many positive things recently about the MO71 support
pac, I decided to download it and take a look. But of course, it is never
that easy :) As I am trying to download it by clicking on the link, I get
the license acceptance window which I respond to "accept", then I get a
"Not Authorized" page ?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? I have only done this about a
million times over the years (although it has been a while since the last)
and never had this happen. Has something changed that I missed?!? Any clues
about what I can do to download this support pac?!?!?

Thanks....
Dan

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or