...to established connections when a runmqlsr process is terminated?

I don't have easy access to a running environment at the moment so I am posing this question.
If I have a cluster of queue managers with active CLUSSDR/CLUSRCVR channels, what happens to those channels if the runmqlsr process is terminated (in particular in a Solaris environment) on a single queue manager?

How long does it ordinarily take for remote systems to spot that a connection to another cluster queue manager is unavailable (before a connection goes to retrying)?