Hello,

I am working on a backup/recovery solution for WebSphere MQ for z/OS. At our shop we are already doing a volume (DASD) flash copy backup. The DB2 system programmers use the SUSPEND, RESUME commands before and after the flash copy to allow in-flight transactions to commit and to block any new transaction to access DB2. Are there similar commands for MQ, which will suspend any I/O operation to the PAGESETS or to MQ as a whole until the flash copy is ended?

I know there is the ARCHIVE LOG command, but this command seems to deal only the MQ active log data sets.

Thanks,...

Mohamed

This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.