From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Potkay,
Peter M (ISD, IT)
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 11:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery for Clustered Queue Managers

You have 2 options. First, have your primary and backup servers in a
Microsoft Hardware Cluster, and let that software manage where the ONE queue
manager runs. All persistent message data, including Repository info, will
be moved back and forth accordingly, Since there is a virtual IP address,
there is no need to switch any channel definitions when failover occurs.
This is the method we use. Failover takes about a minute.

Have a differently name QM that is a full repository at the DR site that is
up and running all the time, and thus current.

Having 2 QMs defined at 2 different locations with the same name that are in
a cluster, never mind being a Full Repository, is a recipe for a disaster of
its own!