Hi guys

We are experiencing problems with WebSphereMQ 5.3 on Windows 2000 Server SP4
where the machine has been Hyper-Threaded.

Hyper-Threading is a standard BIOS tweak which doubles the number of
processors.
Therefore if you have 2 physical processors, switching on Hyper-Threading,
you then have 2 Virtual processors. This is a new concept and is supportable
from SP4 onwards, Machines with Pentium 4 and latest BIOS management.

Back to the problem:

If Hyper-Threading is switched on MQ installs successfully[ and I have tried
CSD 6 and 7], and then create a Queue Manager

        CRTMQM -lf 16384 -lp 5 -ls 1 SATURN

The Queue Manager does not start automatically when the machine is rebooted.
Under MQServices if states that the Queue Manager is unavailable.

When Hyper-Threading is switched off and the machine rebooted, I get the
same problem.

In both instances, the Queue Manager can be started, chinit, listener too
and then the Queue Manager works and acts as normal. I just cannot get the
Queue Manager started automatically at startup, even though the services
state automatic startup.

If the Queue Manager is created with Hyper-Threading is OFF, then the Queue
Manager starts automatically at startup and works/acts normally.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon.

Fez Barnard