Has anyone been able to get MQ to install and run on a Linux kernel 2.6 or greater?
If so, do you have any tips?

I'm aware of the issue with LinuxThreads and have set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19.  But,
it still isn't working.  I think that something is wrong with the install process (I'm
running on Debian Linux and had to convert the *.rpm packages to *.deb via "alien").
If anybody could post their LinuX MQ directory structure, that would help me to see
how things should be getting installed.  Just an "ls -lA /var/mqm" and "ls -lA
/opt/mqm" would be a great help.

Thanks!

I'm getting this message when I try to do a simple "crtmqm -q QM1"

        AMQ8101: WebSphere MQ error (893) has occurred.

Here is the FDC ...

| WebSphere MQ First Failure Symptom Report                                   |
| =========================================                                   |
| Date/Time         :- Friday September 17 09:06:14 EDT 2004                  |
| Host Name         :- debian01 (Linux 2.6.7-20040810)                        |
| PIDS              :- 5724B4104                                              |
| LVLS              :- 530                                                    |
| Product Long Name :- WebSphere MQ for Linux for Intel                       |
| Vendor            :- IBM                                                    |
| Probe Id          :- XC207003                                               |
| Application Name  :- MQM                                                    |
| Component         :- xxxInitialize                                          |
| Build Date        :- Oct 30 2002                                            |
| CMVC level        :- p000-L021028                                           |
| Build Type        :- IKAP - (Production)                                    |
| UserID            :- 00001007 (mqm)                                         |
| Program Name      :- crtmqm                                                 |
| Thread-Process    :- 00001838                                               |
| Thread            :- 00000001                                               |
| Major Errorcode   :- xecF_E_UNEXPECTED_SYSTEM_RC                            |
| Minor Errorcode   :- OK                                                     |
| Probe Type        :- MSGAMQ6119                                             |
| Probe Severity    :- 2                                                      |
| Probe Description :- AMQ6119: An internal WebSphere MQ error has occurred   |
|   ('2 - No such file or directory' from Open CCSID.TBL.)                    |
| FDCSequenceNumber :- 0                                                      |
| Arith1            :- 2 2                                                    |
| Comment1          :- '2 - No such file or directory' from Open CCSID.TBL.   |