From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQ & WBIMB Windows Backup
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:47:28 -0400

Although I've not done this for a queue manager, on other apps, I export
the registry entry, and import them when restoring...(using regedit).

Robert Broderick <[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] OTMAIL.COM> cc: Sent by: MQSeries Subject: MQ & WBIMB Windows Backup List <[EMAIL PROTECTED] .ac.at>

09/20/2004 02:06 PM Please respond to MQSeries List

When backing up a QMGR on Windows, what do you do about the Registry entries. Assuming you want to restore the QMGR from the backup.

Backing up the entire machine would help the restore but what if there were
other Apps on the machine.

Would you recreate the QMGR(s) (as they were to generate the reg entries)
and then overlay the info in \MQ\log\ and \MQ\Qmgrs\  from the backup??????

Or do you just recreate the QMGRS and use the MS03 output to reestablish
the
objects and move from there.

bobbee

This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended
as
an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument
are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made
herein
do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.

_________________________________________________________________ Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx